Toastmasters produces results. Around the world more than three million men and women of all ages and occupations have benefited from Toastmasters training, and more than one thousand corporations, community groups, universities, associations, and government agencies now use Toastmasters training.
How the Program Works
- The Toastmasters program exposes each participant to a wide range of communication and leadership experiences.
- Each new member will start by taking the Pathways Assessment online. It will help you choose a path that’s right for you.
How Toastmasters Meets Your Needs
- Toastmasters International uses time-tested programs that are continually updated to meet your needs.
- Self-paced programs allow you to progress as rapidly or as gradually as your needs dictate.
- Programs provide the “how-to” and the practical experience so critical to your progress.
- The Toastmasters program is cost-effective, especially when compared to seminars charging hundreds of dollars per day.
- An atmosphere of professional camaraderie makes your Toastmasters club a unique learning environment—informal, yet dedicated to learning.
- The Toastmasters program can be tailored to meet your personal objectives. Whether you want improvement in prepared or impromptu speaking or greater skill in the use of visual aids, you’ll gain experience and knowledge.
How Toastmasters Works
- As your improved communication skills become obvious within the workplace, increased visibility, recognition and promotion will follow.
- Your improved presentation skills will win you the respect and admiration of your colleagues and employees—and make them wonder what you did to change!
- Leadership skills acquired through participation in Toastmasters will increase your management potential.
- You will acquire an increased ability to motivate and persuade, making you more effective as a supervisor or manager.
- You’ll have access to a wide range of educational materials, including books, CDs, DVDs and seminar programs, available at reduced cost through the Toastmasters International Supply Catalog.
A company’s success also depends on communication. Employees face an endless exchange of ideas, messages, and information as they deal with one another and with customers day after day. How well they communicate can determine whether a company quickly grows into an industry leader or joins thousands of other businesses mired in mediocrity.
Toastmasters provides the tools that enable employees to become effective communicators and leaders all at a very low cost. Toastmasters training helps employees:
- give better sales presentations hone their management skills work better with fellow employees effectively develop and present ideas offer constructive criticism
- accept criticism more objectively
Toastmasters has helped many members in their community service activities. Using the speaking and leadership skills developed in Toastmasters, people have become more active in business, churches, and service and charity organizations. Toastmasters members are able to organize activities, conduct meetings, and speak in public as their organization’s representative. Some even become active in local, state or national government.
Toastmasters International is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors elected by the membership. The first Toastmasters club was established on October 22, 1924, in Santa Ana, California, by Dr. Ralph C. Smedley, who conceived and developed the idea of helping others to speak more effectively. More clubs were formed, and Toastmasters International was incorporated under California law on December 19, 1932.
Toastmasters International’s business and services are administered by its World Headquarters, located in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. It employs no paid promoters or instructors. It has no salaried staff except the Executive Director and World Headquarters staff, who provide services to the clubs and Districts.